Posted in: Other in Denmark | Posted: |
Business Improvement Manager
Based in Denmark or Germany
Job ref: JE/57903
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Listgrove has been retained be a global innovator of specialized adhesives, lubricants, additives and car care products for general industry and the automotive aftermarket. Their Polymers & Fluids segment was built on innovation and a commitment to providing high-quality, branded products to diverse end markets. Businesses in this segment produce a variety of products for general industry (MRO), automotive aftermarket, aerospace, construction, energy and automotive OE customers.
This position will support the Operations Director and Operations Managers to drive operational and H&S excellence and improve employee capability throughout Europe. In this role you will lead, and co-ordinate process and operational improvement projects aligned to agreed business priorities aimed at delivering value to the business and positive outcomes measured through Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery & 80/20 KPI indicators.
You will be the custodian and divisional expert, providing leadership, coaching and training on the 80/20 FTB methodologies with a specific emphasis on Safety and operational 80/20. In partnership with leaders across the business create and embed a culture of continuous improvement across the division.
· Drive excellence by designing and implementing systems, metrics and programs that maximize compliance, productivity and continuous improvement.
· Build strong partnership with operations leaders and key stakeholder to identify the impact of current and new processes and opportunity to drive improvement and successfully deploy
· Engage other Fluids Europe businesses and bring in outside in expertise to share best practices to drive improvement for our business and our customers
· Analyse and solving operational barriers with a focus on understanding root causes
· Develop new tools and systems to support the growth of the business
· Create/assess/embed benchmark standards and audit process
· Work with operations leader and key stakeholder to apply 80/20 KPI /standards consistently and as measured through the internal auditing process
· Role model leadership expectations and act as mentor and coach at all levels, to foster capability to constantly evaluate processes to improve safety and optimise productively and quality amongst the team / business
· Develop and manage the process for Operations Review and Annual Plan (supporting the team is self-evaluation of DSMS, 80/20 progress tool, KPI review)
· Machine-level operational data collection (business lead on “Operational Technology”, identifying good business opportunities for the integration of new technology throughout our facilities and processes.
A passionate, motivated and ambitious individual who can and will play a leadership role in the future direction of Fluids Europe. Their core functional expertise will become (within the role), HSE and improvement practice centred around the proprietary 80/20 FTB process.
A desire to expand their knowledge, skills and see their impact in the future shape and performance of a business is imperative.
They need to demonstrate leadership judgement capability commensurate with potential to operate at more senior levels of the company.
· Prior experience in management of operations, leading teams or groups in excess of 10-15 employees.
· Formal education and qualifications in a relevant scientific or technical discipline (eg. Chemical, Operational or Engineering)
· Ability to problem solve and to evaluate the effectiveness of problem solving
· Proven change management and implementation experience, including a demonstrated ability to engage and influence effectively at all levels
· Exceptional influencing skills with the ability to deliver through non-direct reports
· Proficient in oral and written English (additional language skills in French, German or Danish particularly beneficial)
· Proven capability to set and communicate a vision and strategy founded upon good commercial acumen
· Formal qualifications in Health and Safety management (eg. NEBOSH GC)
· Trained and/or accredited in a corporate improvement methodology (eg. Lean, Six Sigma, Shingo, change management, 80/20) with demonstrable experience of implementation
· Project Management experience; strong planning, organising and time management skills
· Confident leader, who is willing to set direction and drive the business towards it.
· IT literate, experience of using technology to facilitate operations management and effectiveness.
· Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
· Ability to drive projects from initially ambiguous states
· Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases, ability to interpret and apply statistical insights to the operations environment
· Cultural awareness and appreciation of leading change across different geographical boundaries
· Ability and commitment to travel extensively between the key European locations. Including but not limited to UK, Germany, France, Denmark, Spain & Poland as projects and job needs requires
· Demonstrated capability operating at a strategic level in manufacturing organisations
· Technical education to post-graduate level – the role would suit an MBA, or other form of advanced education relevant to leading people and building high-performing organisations.
· Trained and/or accredited in coaching (particularly behavioural safety and ‘Gemba’)
· Prior experience working with COMAH regs, or other ‘high-risk’ manufacturing environments
· Experience of working within continuous improvement cultures that have 3rd party recognition for their high standards (eg. Regional or national awards)
· Prior experience in IOT / 4IR implementations in manufacturing
· Prior experience of site footprint re-organisations
· Prior experience of capital project implementation at >= $1m scale
· Successfully worked and implemented across geographically dispersed teams, countries and cultures
Listgrove is more than a global recruitment partner to its clients in the plastics, packaging, recycling and chemical industries. For over 45 years, we have supported companies with professional advice and successful HR solutions. All assignments are tailored to the client's needs and delivered by expert consultants.
Why select Listgrove?
· Established in 1975
· Recruited in 68 countries
· Recognised International brand
· Exhibited around the world; in Russia, China, India, USA, Middle East, North Africa and extensively throughout Europe
· Global network of candidates and talent data
· Search projects completed across all functions and at all levels of seniority
· Access to a network of offices across the world
For more information and access to a range of testimonials, please visit our website
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union. Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: (phone number removed)