Sr. Purchasing Specialist | Global Eagle Entertainment Inc.
Global Eagle Entertainment, Inc. (NASDAQ: ENT) is the leading satellite-based provider of connectivity and media for fast-growing mobility markets across air, land and sea. The company provides the industry’s most comprehensive and advanced global product and services platform to organizations and people on the move.
GEE’s customers include commercial airlines, business jets, cruise and ferry lines, yachts, and commercial shippers. In addition, it provides products and services for the world’s most remote land-based natural resource energy operations, governments, non-governmental organizations, and mobile network operators.
Supported by best-in-class and proprietary technologies, GEE offers a fully integrated suite of solutions for connectivity and content, including Wi-Fi, on-demand video, multi-platform and multi-format entertainment content, interactive software, portable In Flight Entertainment solutions, content management services, ecommerce solutions, original content development, voice, cellular and 3G/LTE services, and mission-critical communications.
Find out more at www.geemedia.com . Follow us at www.linkedin.com/company/global-eagle-entertainment /.
The Sr. Purchasing Analyst will be a point person to assist in the procurement of materials and equipment following established purchasing procedures to process all purchase orders. The Sr. Purchasing Analyst will compile requests for materials, prepare purchase orders, keep track of purchases and supplies, and handle inquiries about orders making sure that what was purchased arrives on schedule and meets our requirements.
Describe the key responsibilities & role criteria. More specifically, the job entails:
- Prepare and/or review purchase requisitions/orders as required
- Source price quotations and prepare purchase requisitions/orders
- Process purchase requisitions/orders within purchasing authority
- Maintain complete updated purchasing records/data and pricing in the system.
- Generate and/or review inventory reports
- Match purchase requisitions/orders with invoices and forward to accounts for payment processing
- Expedite and follow up with suppliers to schedule deliveries, resolve material, value discrepancy, outstanding and overdue delivery of orders, warranty claims and damage, and return of materials.
- Vendor master management.
- Assists with other logistics tasks as required.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Two years of previous supply chain work-related skill
- Knowledge and/or experience specifically in purchasing
- Wide knowledge of inventory tracking & control (Physical inventories, Fixed assets, Min-Max, etc.)
- Extensive accounting and financial understanding (Cost of Sales, Fixed assets, Invoicing, Purchasing)
- Must be very detail-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent English/Spanish